University Administration has published the election results.
We proudly present your Senate representatives for the one-year term starting October 1st , 2019:
The voter turnout was at 12.8 % (calculated only by the number of enrolled doctoral students that were actually eligible to vote in this status group, excluding e.g. Academic Employees). We should try to improve it together, for groups like Academic Employees reach 26.8 % and even the notoriously low-participating students participated at 14.9 %. Still, we believe that this turnout is a good starting point, considering that these were the first elections for the new status group.
We thank all participators very much for their confidence and promise to try hard to make your voice heard.
Representatives have been elected to eight of ten Faculty Councils open to doctoral students:
- Faculty of Theology (two seats)
- Faculty of Law (two seats)
- Faculty of Philosophy (one seat)
- Faculty of Modern Languages (two seats)
- Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences (three seats)
- Faculty of Behavioural and Cultural Studies (one seat)
- Faculty of Chemistry and Earth Sciences (one seat)
- Faculty of Physics und Astronomy (two seats)
Unfortunately, two Faculty Councils will be void of doctoral representatives:
- Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Sciences
- Faculty of Biosciences
At the two Medical Faculties, doctoral students are represented together with students.
The overall turnout was at 18.3 %, the average turnout of all faculties at 18.1 %, and therefore even higher than for Senate. The names of the elected representatives can be seen in the University Administration’s publication.
Studierendenrat (Students’ Body)
As mentioned, elections to Studierendenrat – although not a University Body in the strict sense – in which enrolled doctoral students were eligible to vote were conducted, too (see this PDF for an overview of representative structures). Their published results:
- GHG – Grüne Hochschulgruppe Heidelberg: six seats
- Mediziner*innen für den StuRa: two seats
- dielinke.SDS Heidelberg: two seats
- Life Sciences: two seats
- Juso Hochschulgruppe Heidelberg: two seats
- Fachschaftsinitiative Jura Heidelberg: two seats
- Emanzipatorisch-undogmatische Linke. EULE: one seat
- Liberale Hochschulgruppe Heidelberg: one seat
- RCDS Heidelberg: one seat
We are very happy to start into a new era of representation! Let the games begin!